Over then last two days the boys and I have browsed our favourite second hand stores for the first time in ages. We had a few exciting scores and spent a little more than expected (just under $60), but we have also filled a few gaps.
- 2 baskets, one for me in the kitchen, and one to hold the kids rubbers, sharpeners and other art paraphernalia.
- 4 Pairs of shoes. I picked up (actually regifted from a friend) a pair of leather bikerish boots. Jack found a pair of yeti-like slipper boots, some olive and pink converse hi-tops, and a pair of roller boots (you know the sort with wheels on the heel, brand new looking and reduced to $10). I managed to talk Hamish out of a pair of silver footy boots that were 4 sizes to big.
- A new hoodie for both boys who are growing out of their jumper stash fast.
- 1/2 a dozen kids books ranging from a massive how to draw book, to a book about movie monsters.
- An adult book or two, none of which are worth mentioning.
- A pretty tin, it was $2 and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.
- A couple of crappy little toys that the boys fell in love with and at 50c each, kept the peace.
- A mid-length puffy jacket and groovy wool and buttons skirt for me. Both of which I plan to wear out tomorrow night. Possibly along with afore mentioned biker boots to top off my op shop looking outfit :)
I'm sure there were a few other pieces of random fluff, and once again I'm loving that feeling of a few days of browsing on a small budget and still coming home feeling like I've ticked some of the needs and wants boxes.