Thursday 9 July 2009

Field Of Dreams


"If you build it, they will come"

Well its not exactly a direct link from the movie Field of Dreams to what this post is about, but when I started thinking about positive thinking and how it potentially helps you actualize things in your life, that movie popped into my head.

When I was about 18 dad and I had a conversation about how I didn't feel good about the direction that my life was heading in, he told me that all I needed to do was every morning with as much conviction as I could muster, look in the mirror and say a positive affirmation. I can't remember exactly what it was that I said but after a period of time my life did seem to turn around.

Now you could say that the reason life turned around had to do with believing in myself, or just that I decided to get off my butt and do something about it, but it was the first time that I really thought about the idea of setting your mind on a goal focusing on it and somehow the blocks fall into place.

When ever I talk about living our bliss, this is the kind of thing that I mean, well sort of, if you are able to sort out what it is you want and focus on it, sometimes, a lot of the time, it comes to you.

Do you know what you want? Do you have things in life you really want to achieve? or hope to gain?

On a tangible angle;

I really wanted a pair of knee high, black leather, lace up boots, with a low or no heal, and I didn't want to spend to much. On Tuesday I popped into an Op shop looking for gloves for Jack, now after years of Op shopping I know that you should never go Op shopping looking for anything in particular but on this day I did manage to find a small pair of red gloves. I was about to go and thought I might just go and have a look at the bags and wander past the shoes, there behind a few pairs of sneaker and under a bag there were a pair of knee high boots. I tried not to excited, a few months ago I found a great pair of Dr Martins boots that were 1/2 a size to small even with my willingness to squish my feet into them, but I looked at the bottom and they were my size exactly they fit (if you'll excuse the pun) like a glove. No marks. No wear. Perfect. I walked tentatively up to the counter, with no idea how much they were, knowing that I wasn't willing to pay more than $40 for a pair of secondhand shoes no matter now perfect .... $4 can you believe it, $4 for a perfect pair of knee high, lace up, leather boots in perfect condition.

So you might be wondering what that long winded segue about my boots is all about? I guess my point is if the cosmos decided to deliver me the boots that I have been wanting and wishing for, what else could I find if I just believe hard enough that I will find it? what will you find? what could we all find? world peace, the cure for cancer or maybe just our bliss ...

Next stop, cherry 12 hole Dr Martins ...... only kidding !!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails