Monday 28 January 2008

Lost and Found

A woman i know but not well, lost her baby today, she was just over 20 weeks pregnant, he was a little boy.

I feel reminded of how easily your control on your life can slip through your fingers.

It reminds me of the 22 year old girl who lost her daughter Penny Lane at 40 weeks pregnant, thank you for sharing your story i thought of Penny Lane every day through my pregnancy with Jack and didn't once complain about all day sickness or feeling heavy and overdue. It also makes me think of Louise who had the same due date as me and we talked all the way through our pregnancies, then when her little boy Seamus was 4 weeks and Jack was 3 weeks old Seamus suddenly died with no warning. Thanks you for reminding me that life with a newborn is hard but life without is harder.

My beautiful boys, i hope i tell you often enough how amazing and special you are, what a lucky mummy i am

Jack and I at 37 weeks


Hamish and I 38 weeks

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails