Saturday 6 August 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Hamish

Five years, it sounds like a long time but as I have watched my littlest grow it feels so fleeting. Five is how old he will be when he starts school, as he starts to move away from me and grow into the even more independent little person he will be.
It's been such a joyous, mad, rough, love filled five years and everyday he does something that makes me stop and want to pull him to me and tell him what an amazing unique and loved little boy he is .... And I do.
So much and so little has happened so far in his life and I can't wait to watch him as he grows and find himself and see what other adventures he takes me on.
I also can't believe it's been 5 years since I was pregnant and almost 2 years since I breastfed. It all feels like yesterday.
Happy birthday my littlest, most exuberant, tenacious and loving boy. You, who completed our family and helped me become a woman. You are so very loved.
Watching - Hamish open presents
Listening - To the clatter of the toys Hamish got for his birthday.
Reading - whatever Hamish wants it is his birthday after all.
State of mind - Reflective, proud and quite a bit older (seriously .... My baby is 5 !!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails