Friday 23 May 2008

Things to do with a Tardis


Catriona my wonderful Brisbane friend has a blog. It seems that the 1000km distance between us has taken its toll and she had forgotten to tell me. She has the advantage of being a writer by trade and she also writes often so i have quiet a bit of reading ahead of me (and to be honest i cant wait).

So the first thing i am going to do to celebrate is steal an idea about something to post about, hence the title of this post.

In a previous life before birth breastfeeding and parenting became my major interest, i loved pop culture, video games, TV, Movies whatever, especially if it had a Sci-Fi/Fantasy lean. For this i blame my Dad, some of my best memories are watching Dr Who with him.

Anyway with all of this i had never given much thought to what i would want to do if i suddenly came to posses a Tardis, like Treena i certainly hope this will be a list of what i WILL do when i can have a Tardis, in no particular order

1. I would go and see a dinosaur. Anyone that has seen Jurassic Park will remember the scene when Sam Neil's Jeep stops and he looks up and sees the Brontosaurus for the first time, i want that!!! speechless awe of something so huge and powerful and alive.

2. Woodstock, kind of speaks for itself really, i have many ideas about what that time of life was like and i would love to see it in the flesh. Talking about that time in history i would also love to join the caravan that ended up becoming Ina May Gaskins - The Farm. Basically the story goes that there were 40 buses following each other round the USA doing talks and having babies in the buses in that groovy and far out way only people in the 60s could.

3. Go forward to when we meet Aliens, really just so that i know once and for all that we are not alone, or God just in case all the atheist are wrong.

4. I just asked Andrew what he would like to see if he had a Tardis, and he said that he would like to see the city 50yrs ago, it once again highlights how different we are.

I might have to do an updated list of things once my brain is working a bit better, its tired from reading 2 months of Treena's blog while in the bath and having a few glasses of wine on the street with our neighbours.
Hmm maybe the Tardis would be to go back and tell myself at 6pm that i really don't need that third glass of wine :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, outed as a bad best friend on my best friend's blog! Damn, that's cold.

;)

Actually, I'd like to see a dinosaur, too. I might steal the idea that you came up with when you stole my idea--if that makes any sense.

And talk about tired! I don't have two toddlers, but I did just live-blog the first Eurovision semi-final. I don't think I want to blog again for a month . . . but there's another semi-final tomorrow.

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

Bad friend, not at all - forgetful totally. I have two kids catching up on that much reading could take me a month xx

Anonymous said...

Nah, you'll be fine. There are only 118 posts; it'll be a doddle!

;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails