Thursday 11 December 2008

How Do You Find The Time?

I started writing this blog for a few reasons, firstly I had all these ideas running around in my head that I wanted to express, but for what point? It seemed a complete waste to write them and have them sit on my PC never to be read, plus I wanted to talk to people about what I had been thinking.

Secondly, I find writing cathartic, especially since being more home bound.  Its good to have something that I put my mind to, something to think about that is outside of my daily grind. 

Lastly I wanted to have a place to share with family and friends the photos and stories of our daily life, and at the same time, have something that I could look back at, having all those quirky little stories and pictures all in one place.

There have been quiet a few times when people have commented on where I get the time.  I guess we all need to find the time to do things that are just for us.  I would love to do yoga, meditate or read my book but these are all things that are hard to do when you have children.  The way that I find time to blog is due to my wonderful Blackberry.  It means that while the kids play at the park or in between colouring/riding bikes and building castles I can pop out my Blackberry and write.  Some post do require me to sit in front of the PC but they are few and far between.

I don't blog as much as I want to.  In my perfect world I would find time (and an idea) to write everyday.  At most these days its 3 times a week often its less, and it would be a lot less without my Blackberry.

Every man and his dog has a blog these days, they are the 21st century diaries, letters, photo albums, phones calls, and more, all at once.  I guess if you think of it that way then blogging saves me time, money, keeps me in touch with others and is my version of a brain trainer. 

You may ask how do I find the time, I ask you how do you not? *grin*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally hear you! I hate it when people ask me where I find the time to blog- implying that I should be doing something less frivolous.. but for me it is my little piece of something that is just mine, that I have created and it is something I am proud of. Keep on blogging, you are creating something that your kids will be able to look back on in years to come.
Shereen xxxx

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

Yes, I agree, its nice to have something that's just mine, :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails