Saturday 14 March 2009

Right of Passage


One of the burdens and blessing of being a younger brother is that you end up tagging after your older brother and his friends, and until your older you don't really have a social circle of your own.  

Today Hamish and I went to our first birthday party without Jack.  It was also a mothering right of passage for me because it was the first time I had to go to a party where I didn't know the host or many of the guests, in fact most people there didn't know each other.  It was a weird experience but good weird and one that I'm sure will be a frequent part of being a parent.  
The only issue was how awe struck by their home, it was spacious and clean and very grown up looking, they had 3 boys under 6 and the best boys yard I have ever seen, so I am feeling a little claustrophobic in our, not so grown-up house, but I am also feeling inspired about what could be and ways of making our yard more of a boy paradise ...... I can always dream.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails