Tuesday 14 October 2008

There's no Place like Home

One of the best bits about being away is feeling re invigorated about where we live.  I loved Bellingen and could happily imagine relocating there, but the key word there is imagine.  Sure my longer term plans will always involve moving out of Sydney, but as of this second 'I still love where we live'.

So as much as people envisaged that we would go for a holiday to Bellingen and never return to Sydney, the opposite has happened.  We have come back with ideas, loose plans and dreams that involve living in Sydney and making it a more comfortable existence.

Don't ask me how, or when, but today I'm looking forward towards a future here in our sweet little cul-de-sac, close to friends, and resources, occasionally complaining about the lack of space and wanting a vege patch, but knowing that we forgo those for kinship, convenience and familiarity.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails