Wednesday 30 April 2008

Good Health Naturally

Our naturopath sends out a seasonal newsletter, at first I thought it was just another piece of junk mail, but once I started reading it I realised how often her little pieces are on something that I may have been pondering that very week. Im so happy to have a care provider who looks under some of the same rocks as i do.

This quarters one is no exception. Most interestingly she talks about essential fatty acids (EFA's), and their importance to kids. Recently we had a couple of sleep filled nights with Hamish it coincided with us giving him a power smoothie an hour or so before bed, it didn't last but my thinking about these power smoothies did, and now often in the afternoon I will make one, I try and make sure that it is full of protein and EFA's

The Power Smooth Recipe

1 Mango
1 Tablespoon Protein Powder
1/2 an Avocado
1 1/2 Tablespoons Natural Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Oil
1 splash of milk

Both of the boys love it and its something that I feel fills a gap in their eating without resorting to vitamins and supplement tablets

Now on to make the chicken noodle soup recipe YUM!



Just a quick photo of Jack when he was about 6 months old looking very healthy naturally :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails