Thursday 10 April 2008

Six Word Memoirs

Today my lovely man sent me an email, it said "saw this and knew you'd love it", sweet that he thought about me and thought about what i would like, even sweeter that it was this.


Apparently Hemingway was challenged to write a story in only six words and he wrote "For sale; baby shoes, never worn."
The story that these words creates is clear and full of emotion, it might be my version of the story but none the less they tell me their story.....

The Re-Ignition

Last year, a magazine called SMITH asked their readers to do the same for their memoirs, they got loads of replies including “Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends” and the beautiful “I still make coffee for two”. Some where funny, sad, or clever, all were personal.

I thought about my memoirs, what six words would i use to sum up my life, it is obviously something that would grow as life moves, but today for me they are;

'Bore two boys and found myself'

I encourage you to think of your Six Word Memoir would be and i would love to hear it, how would you describe your life so far when is stripped away? And in the immortal words of a well thought out birthday card (and Oscar Wilde quote)
"Be Yourself Everyone Else is Taken"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails