Tuesday 1 September 2009

Imagination

Every night Jack and I play a game at bedtime. We tell each other what we can see when we close our eyes. Its a sweet little game that he always starts, I think it shows what an amazing imagination he has. Maybe all four year olds have the same sort of amazing imagination. Still its incredible to watch this side of him grow. He used to say something very similar to what I had said before, like I would say I can see a tree with a monkey and he would say he can see a tree with a bird ... how far we have come.

Jack: When I close my eyes, I can see a Crocodile, eating a banana.
Me: When I close my eyes, I can see a cave full of bats.
Jack: When I close my eyes, I can see a tennis racket pointing at a penguin.
Me: Oh the penguin has a tennis racket?
Jack: No a man has the tennis racket pointed at a penguin.
Me: When I close my eyes, I can see clouds in the shapes of animals. I can see a turkey shape and a rhinoceros.
Jack: When I close my eyes, I can see a cut down tree with a tree growing in the middle. And if you cut down that tree more and more trees grow.
Me: When I close my eyes, I can see a fairy sleeping on a pillow of duck feathers.
Jack: When I close my eyes, I can see a ....

and thats where my memory lapses. Id love to be able to remember all of the things that he has told me he sees 'when he closes his eyes'

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails