Sunday 10 January 2010

K-9 Cake (Jacks 5th Birthday)

Im not a super mum! I don't know how to sew, I'm rarely Mrs Crafty Mum, but there is something about my kids birthday cakes that brings out the super mum monster in me. Its just so hard for me not to try and give my kids the birthday cake that they ask for and it seems to me its one of those things that I need to do to tick my 'mother' box.

Truth be told once I have a handle on the 'how to' for each cake I really enjoy the challenge and this years K-9 was no exception. If fact I think this cake is my best effort yet. It was a banana choc chip cake with butter icing. Im not a huge fan of butter icing and the reason I tried it was because the lady in the cake shop told me I had to :) I don't want to sacrifice the taste of the cake for look but I was willing to try and gosh it was far easier to get looking right compared to my normal cream cheese icing.

Its not perfect, I didn't really want it to be and Jack loved it so that the most important part !!! (I didn't say that I didn't love the response it got from everyone else though *grin*)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails