Thursday 1 April 2010

iPod Tunes for the Day

Yesterday as I drove out to Camden I got stuck in the tunnel in traffic. At first I was feeling cranky about the fact that the traffic was making my drive take a lot longer than normal but then I noticed the tunes that were playing and I decided that maybe it was nice for the day to slow down a bit so I could use the time to enjoy the music my iPod decided to show me.

A few got a laugh, a few I just loved and of course a few I skipped cause they just weren't what I was in the mood for. I decided to share a few of the stand outs:

The Temper Trap - Love Lost I really love something about this song. I find myself turning the volume up every time I hear it.
Flight of the Conchords - Carol Brown Who wouldn't get a giggle from the lyrics " Hmm who organised all my ex-girlfriends into a choir, and got them to sing? Shut up, girlfriends from the past."
Kate Miller Heidke - Caught in the Crowd I wasn't ever bullied at school, but something about this song really brings a tear to my eye.
Lou Reed - Wild Side Really there isn't a day that goes by that can't comfortably handle a bit of Lou Reed. And this is the one that my iPod decided to give me.
Florence and the Machine - Dog Days I'm loving Florence and the Machine at the moment and this track is the one that seems to really get into my brain.

Ooh and I forgot Johnny Cash - Hurt Its a very heavy song but its amazing.

Im sure there were more, I was on the road for ages. But these were the ones that corresponded to me being stationary so I could note them down.

What's your iPod giving you at the moment?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails