Thursday 8 April 2010

Todays Haul (5)

There are six second hand shops that I regularly peruse. Three are on the same strip, two are on the way from one to another, and one is near nothing but worth the 5-10 minute drive cause its big.

This week I have popped into all of them. Five on my rounds of doing other things and the big one today as an activity to get me and the kids out of the house before we killed each other. Yesterday started very well (a slightly broken but still working Scooter for $4) and then I saw nothing else at all. Today was one of those days where I saw more (and bought more) than I really needed but still feel quiet satisfied that my browsing was worth the trouble. So this weeks haul was:
  • 1 Purple and Yellow flower pure wool rug, 1 x 1.5 meters
  • 4 Books
(for Treen)
- Diana Wynn Jones - Fire and Hemplock
- Ray Bradbury - Something Wicked this way Comes
- Eric Idle - The Road to Mars
- Philip K Dick - The Penultimate Truth
  • 1 broken purple shiny beaded curtain (Hamish pick) that made its way into the tree house
  • 1 hand drawn picture of a rainbow buddha
  • 1 razor scooter, a little broken but still in good working order for Hamish
  • 1 small handful or miscellaneous toys (Jacks pick) to share with his brother
  • 1 blue with red paisley pattern raincoat
  • 1 red cardigan (for me)
  • 1 white lacy top (for me but I don't know what I was thinking, maybe if I dye it?)
The Rug

The Beaded Curtain (in the tree house)

The Rainbow Buddha

The Books (for Treen *grin*)

3 comments:

Catriona said...

All well and good, but why has Diana Wynne Jones's Fire and Hemlock been ostracised from that photograph?

;)

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

I bought Fire and Hemplock the day earlier and somehow have misplaced it alread. So it didn't make the photo shoot but I'm sure it will turn up.

Catriona said...

Ostracism, I say! Ostracism!

Related Posts with Thumbnails