Over the last few weeks I have been trying to get my head back into Twitter. Its not that I don't get Twitter, I do. In the same way as I get facebook, I can see peoples interest in it is. The problem is that not enough of my nearest and dearests are using Twitter and so for me what is the point?
Then I remembered that a lot of people follow famous people. So who would I follow. The first few were easy, Neil Gaiman, Kevin Smith, Will Wheton but then who? Who do others follow?
So I decided to search for who are the most followed on Twitter?. A few interesting facts (well I think that they are interesting.
- The Top 5 are: Brittany Spears, Ashton Kutcher, Lady Gaga, Ellen DeGeneres, Barak Obama.
- In the same order they have tweeted: 427 times, 6010, 454, 2484, 849.
- Al Gore is #40
- Perez Hilton has tweeted the most (for a single person not a company) with 49,038 in just 42 months.
- CNN have been members longest (within the top 20) at 44 months
- The longest in the Top 100 was Bizstone (whoever they are) at 53 months.
Did all of that help? not really. I wouldn't follow any of the top 20 and only two or three of the top 100. But it was interesting enough to share :)