Wednesday 5 March 2008

Grumpy Day


Today when Andrew went to pick up Jack they mentioned that Jack had a grumpy day. I have been aware for some time that Jack can be moody ...... well of course he can he is chocked full of moody genes.

When i mentioned this to my Aunt she asked, "seeing that you are aware of it how do you think you will help him learn to deal with it" ...... interesting question huh? how do you help a 3 year old start to understand and deal with his emotional roller coaster.
I have always been aware that i am a fairly moody person. I was also always aware that my dad was moody (sorry dad; he would say so himself) and how living with a moody person could affect you. Parenthood has probably loosened my hold on my moods but in my early 20's i tried to work on my emotions to stop them overflowing onto other people, so hopefully i still remember some of those tools.

I have some ideas on how to firstly let him know that he is accepted moods and all, then help him learn how to work with them and the people in his life so that his moods don't affect the people around him.

With all those moody genes, maybe just watching us will give him some good ideas ......
(: moody and proud :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails