Tuesday 11 November 2008

Women and Babies

I'm fortunate to have a lot of women that I call friend.  Some I rarely speak to but are dearly beloved, others are women I speak to regularly but am still getting to know.

At this time in our lives I guess we are all thinking about babies; its got me thinking about the way that our children come into our lives.

One woman I know has just fallen pregnant with her second child, totally unplanned she is working through the idea that she WILL be having another babe.

Another friend who has been trying to conceive for a long time, just fell pregnant and then days later she miscarried the much wanted babe

Another friend is trying to have a baby as a single mother through artificial insemination.  Her first try didn't take and so sadly is having to start the process again

Another woman I know has just found out her 20+ week gestation babe has no heart of his own and so will die when he is born.

And yet another is happily wondering down the road towards her second babe and wondering about the choices she will make for the birth and beyond

This motherhood road is as diverse and unpredictable as all of lifes roads.  There are so many ways conceiving and growing our children can go, mostly it is unexpected and even when things do not go to plan it is beautiful and life changing. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails