Tuesday 23 March 2010

Todays Haul (5) The Mini Haul

Today haul was a cheap one hence the blog. Five books for 50c deserves a post all of its own. The best part is that 3 of them are books that I remember from my childhood that didn't survive my late teen cull.

- Taronga, Victor Kelleher. Im pretty sure I have a copy of this somewhere, but its brand new and I figure you can always have more than one copy of a great book.

- The Computer Nut, Betsy Byars. I can remember reading this a lot. From what I remember it's a complete take off of Chocky by John Wyndham. Its about a girl who keeps getting these strange messages on her computer and it turns out to be messages from someone from space (I think, its been a lot of years).

- Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left, Robin Klein. The cover of this book is so familiar that I know I read it many time (during my Robin Klein phase) but for the life of me the only thing that I can vaguely remember is that the teenage sister had really cool hair.

- The Queens Nose, Dick King-Smith. The same guy that wrote 'Babe'

- The Puffin Book of Tongue Twisters, Mark Cohen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails