Tuesday 24 June 2008

Captain Jack Harkness



I came to a realisation last night, i want to BE Captain Jack Harkness. Now this is a first for me, when watching TV i rarely identify with a male character and Captain Jack is so dashing and sexy that you would think i would want to be the object of Captain Jacks affection not actually be him.

You see the thing is i am a 'shipper (i think that's what Catriona called them) i think that means that i am a person that totally gets off on the relationship back story's in TV shows. Especially the ones that are sad and passionate and desperate, actually if they just love each other and live happily ever after it doesn't work well for me.

In Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans seemed to be in 2 minds about the relationship between Buffy and Spike for example. There were people like me who loved what this desperate angry lust and love filled story line brought to the show, and there were those that thought that it was its downfall.

Lately i have been catching up on Torchwood. Its a Doctor Who (the new series) spin off and its fab, well its much better than a lot of stuff on telly. As i have been watching a few episodes a night on DVD the relationships and story lines have solidified and i have realised how many of the characters are lusting/pining for each other. Some were obvious straight away but some have only just become very clear (i might be a bit slow on the uptake though)

That brings me back to my opening statement, i want to be Captain Jack Harkness, almost everyone he meets think he is amazing handsome and totally want to shag him (man, woman and alien). These though are not the reasons that i want to be him, he seems to fall madly passionately in love every second episode, and although the fallout from this is that he gets his heart broken every second episode as well, how wonderful to feel those first throes of passion every second week, and to find someone who feels those same throes for you, i think its almost worth the heartache when they inevitably die, leave or try to kill you. Plus who wouldn't like to be that dashing and sexy to every man, woman and alien (no cat people please:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't be Captain Jack if you draw the line at cat people. Captain Jack doesn't draw the line at anything.

I love Captain Jack. I don't want to be him (I'm not much of a 'shipper, and I do like my happy ever afters at the end of a show) but I think he's fabulous.

And important. There aren't many dashing, handsome, action heroes like Captain Jack out there.

Let me know when you're at the end of season 2. I desperately need to talk to someone other than Nick about it, as you might have seen from the angsty blog posts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails