Wednesday 25 June 2008

The Motorway

I'm stuck in traffic, it seems it has taken me an hour to get 3kms and as I sit here feeling lost and alone, I look at the cars going the other way. I smile, trying to get some sense of connection, some sense of shared camaraderie that this road isn't going to get the best of us. Most people look away, some people frown like my desperate smile is invading the gloom of their metal box, but one weakly smiles back, and I feel it, I am not alone struggling to get to my destination, thank you for that small smile it gave me hope, that i might get out of this gridlock after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you in traffic every Tues...going to pick J up. You dont recognise my new car though
:-)

Anonymous said...

I pass in the opposite direction going to pick W up

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

I will have to keep an eye open for you what colour is your new car?

Anonymous said...

it is a blue commadore station wagon. I think you probably know the old subaru

Related Posts with Thumbnails