Friday 27 June 2008

Gadget Love

A while ago I wrote that I had a new phone, a blackberry curve. I've had it a few months now and I say that I love it, beyond the fact that its pretty and shiny and has some great features, it has opened so many little communication doorways, and has made it so easy to keep in touch with people I don't often see.

I can sms like normal, the little keypad making it easy to write longer texts, and its bigger screen means that I can see what I've written so hopefully I make more sense. It also does email, that means I don't have to go to my PC periodically to check my group updates, HAS goings on and also I can read and write longer communications where ever whenever.

The last and newest fun piece of software that my blackberry has is a little facebook program, I don't use online facebook that much, but this little program means that I can just see peoples status updates, write on their walls or send them messages. The main thing I like is that I can see a little bit of peoples days and if I feel like it I can respond, and people who are online also see little pieces of my day and respond as well.

Today one friend who lives in Melbourne is feeling hung over, another in Brisbane is feeling annoyed by her computer game and its villagers, another has had a miscarriage and yet another is packing to go overseas for 6 weeks.

It is these little insights into peoples lives that I wouldn't often see if it wasn't for facebook and the fact that I never seem to get any PC time these days means that this little piece of software keeps me in touch, with help from my Blackberry.

I often felt annoyed at Andrew for being attached at the hip to his Blackberry, but I suppose I get it now, I really am a product of the communication age, not only can I not imagine not having a phone with me but I almost now can't imagine not having my email etc with me as well.

And well did I mention its cute and shiny and has some groovy little bits of software to but ....... I'm such a gadget geek sometimes

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails