Friday 6 June 2008

Matters of the Heart

One of my oldest friends rang me today, we have this relationship that includes him calling me when his dating life gets out of control and i, with my words of wisdom, help set him back on the right path.

Today's conversation was pretty much the same as always,
boy meets girl,
boy likes girl,
girl likes boy but slowly,
boy then meets other girl,
girl2 likes boy but fast,
boy shags girl2,
girl2 either dumps boy or goes psycho and starts stalking boy,
girl1 finds out about boys philandering and dumps boy,
boy realises that girl1 is the woman of his dreams but its all to late.

My mum would have called it Murphy's Law when anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Don't get me wrong i don't think my friend is special in this way, in fact i have seen the same thing from most of my male friends, although he is one of my last single male friends, (it seems to me that once you are a couple you loose contact with a lot of singles i think its because you either remind them of the loneliness of being single or scare the crap out of them at the idea of being a couple and they remind you of the occasional monotony of being a couple or they scare the crap out of you at the idea of EVER having to be single again) i think that flipping around from woman to woman is a perfectly normal state of being for a lot of 30 something single men.

What is the answer though if you want to change, what if your average single man wants to connect with a woman and have it lead down the scary coupledom road.
As i said today, in my oh so humble opinion its time to stop leading with your groin, your heart close behind because by the time your head catches up your already screwed.

General rule number 1 when trying to start a relationship

Lead with your Head then your Heart and your Groin will happily follow

Seems simple doesn't it ........ perhaps it has just been so long since i was single that i forget matters of the heart (and groin) are rarely that simple

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails