Sunday 29 June 2008

Mischief Managed


Hamish is a mischief maker, he loves to stir the pot and to stir his brother. A few days ago he was thoroughly enjoying watching his brother practically tear his hair out by repeating a sentence over and over that Jack had asked him to stop saying, while Jack was brought to tears Hamish was smiling and looking very satisfied.

Then a week ago while Hamish and I were driving and I heard him say that he had ripped the book he was reading, it had been something he had been doing a bit that week. I pulled the car over and quiet crankily told his that ripping books was not ok, his bottom lip dropped and he started to cry and said 'I'm sorry mumma, I'm sorry book'. I was sad that he was sad but a little part of me hoped that that would be the end of ripping books.

The next morning, I was sitting eating my breakfast and Hamish walked into the room naked, in a little sing song voice he said, 'hello mumma, I broke a da bo-ok' he was waving a piece paper wiggling his tiny hips in a little dance again he said 'na na na mummy I broke a da bo-ok' He is so cute when he is being cheeky that I almost had to laugh ...... hmmm mischief managed

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails