Tuesday 19 February 2008

Community



Andrew often mentions that he misses Singapore, I miss the idea of it but I don't miss being there. The country and the people are so welcoming and friendly and being an expat was such a mind blowing experience. We had lots of money and were making friends, we lived in the amazing apartment with even more amazing facilities, and we were on our way (although in hindsight I don't know where) but we were lonely for our home and the lifestyle we had there. Sometimes we have to remember that.

Today I had one of those days where everything went slightly pear shaped and at each turn the people in our chosen community helped. My beautiful friend saved Jack from a hungry day by picking up his lunchbox that I had forgotten seeing that I was running late for an appointment. My neighbours minded Hamish who had fallen asleep just as I needed to pick Jack up. Jack spent the afternoon at preschool doing Yoga and once we got home he was desperate to keep playing so he is at another neighbours hanging out for a few hours.

I have lived in many a place but this is the first time I have lived in a community. Thank you beautiful friends I really do feel like I have come home.

"The universe clearly operates for the benefit of humanity. This can readily be seen from the convenient way the sun comes up in the morning, when people are ready to start the day."

Todays Terry Pratchett Quote is from Hogfather (if only the world was Discworld)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails