Tuesday 12 August 2008

Its a Grand Day for a Party

If only I had have chosen to have Hamishs party in the morning!
Firstly I would not have thought that having Trish and Antony over the night before was a good idea, but because it was in the afternoon I did think it was a good idea, which meant that I was to busy having a wonderful time laughing and drinking to remember that the reason we had had the catch up at our house was so I could cook the gigantic birthday cake and snickerdoodles. 

Secondly it was a beautiful sunny morning that turned into a rainy cold afternoon.

And most importantly the afternoon was when poor little Hamish spent his first ever party in the throes of a gastro bug (excuse the pun) which reared its head about 20 minutes after the guests arrived.  The
song its my party (and I'll cry if I want to) would have been so very apt if the words had been its my party (and I'll throw up if I want to).

To add insult to injury 20 seconds before I got the 'honey QUICK, vomit' call I had just dropped the entire plate of bugs on logs down my front, luckily saving most of them in the crook of my arm.  So while my mother in law (MIL) cleaned up celery, cream cheese and sultanas I rushed through the house with a vomit covered child screaming 'out of my way' to the 13 adults and 11 children that were in our two room house.

On the up side (I know I'm shocked there is one as well)
-the cake was pretty tasty if I do say so myself
-my MIL made some white christmas which I had never tried before and was surprised at how yum it was
-Trish made these great little savory muffins and super scrumptious Hommous and Beetroot dips, the leftovers of which became my dinner
-the kids all seemed to have a great time even Hamish in between bouts of vomiting
- the lolly bags were a hit and they only had two lollys in them
-my beautiful neighbours let the dogs hang out at their place so we could used both the front and back yard
- everyone came in spite of the weather
- everyone had gone and the house was clean again by 8pm so we got to have an early night, and god did we need one

All in all a great party vomit and all (photos to come)

PS. To all the parents that came if your kids come down with gastro I'm terribly sorry I truly had no idea, he didn't vomit until you came ....... Actually I reckon one of you brought it with you 'grin'

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails