Sunday 10 August 2008

Where o where is Dora

Who's idea was it to have a Dora the Explorer party? Oh yeah it was mine.  Well not completely when I asked Jack what sort of party Hamish would like he said a Dinosaur party, when I mentioned to Jack that I think he was the one into dinosaurs and I wanted him to pick what Hamish liked he then said fairies.  Now I have no problem with Hamish having a fairy party, if I had ever seen Hamish show any interest in anything about fairies.

After a bit more prodding Jack mentioned that Hamish had liked it when Dora dressed up as a fairy.  It was then that it came to me Dora the Explorer, of course, it was Hamishs favourite and his best.

Now in my mind what I needed was simple, print out pictures of Dora to stick onto paper bags for lolly bags, and a few more larger pictures to be part of his happy birthday sign, and lastly grab a Dora and Boots (Doras sidekick) figure to pop on top of his cake, easy peasy (yeah right)

The problem is the Dora figure that I thought I would be able to grab anywhere took me 10 different stops at shop after shop to find, and then all I could get was 'cowgirl Dora'

I thought that I would be able to find Dora everything, it seemed to me that Dora is everywhere, but for this last week Dora has been missing in action.

In the end the cowgirl Dora meant that once again I made a green cake, apparently it was tasty I haven't brought myself to eat it yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's only green on the outside. Isn't it? Tell me it's not green on the inside, too!

Actually, it looks lovely. I love the picket fence--you've got steady decorating hands, something I've never had.

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

Regular whole meal banana cake colour in the middle with green cream cheese icing :) and the edge was TeeVee snack biscuit fencing. I'd post you some up but I don't think it would survive the trip xx

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't think banana cake is really designed to be sent through the post. I suspect that's one reason why wedding cake was always traditionally fruit cake: a slice of nice, heavy fruit cake can be easily sent to all your distant relatives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails