Tuesday 24 May 2011

What are you Waiting For? V2.0




This time last year I wrote a blog post about things that I wanted to do this year.  I was both pleased and a little disappointed when I reviewed it.  The list included;

* Buy Rollerskates - not done
* Go to India - done
* Fix up the house - a little done
* Join a gym - did it, didn't like it, wont be doing it again in a hurry
* Learn to cook lamb shanks - not done
* Clean the Kitchen - OMG I have done that so, so, so many times this year

So as you can see the majority of the things on the list have been done, but a few haven't.  Why? It wasn't such a big list.  The things that I haven't done are completely achievable.  And although I can come up with some excuses the truth is I obviously lacked the motivation.

So today I'm going to come up with a new list of things that I would like to do.  Some of these are a bit crazier so I'm not committing to all of them this year but I'm going to add them and maybe I'll find the motivation to complete most of them.

* Buy Rollerskates - come on surely I can do this within two years.

* Learn to Cook Lamb Shanks - It's just that I really love lamb shanks and would love to add them to our winter menu.

* Do Glass Blowing - Yeah this is one of the more crazy ones but it's something I have always wanted to do and I've started wondering if there were local classes to teach me.

* Learn to play the Cello - Realistically I should probably take some more guitar lessons so that I have at least mastered one instrument.  But there is something so damn sexy about the Cello ... it's calling to me. Saying that if I reread this in a year and have actually picked up my guitar and got my head back around it again, I'll be happy.

* Paint the lounge room - And finally figure out the colours and style I'd like the room to have.

* Build a new front of the house and/or back shed - This is one that might actually get done sooner rather than later.  Once I finally knuckle out the details to the point that others can get started, but lord there are a lot of details to sort out!

Some of these, like the front of the house are more things that have to be done, but the whole point of this idea is so that I stop thinking of these things as 'one day' and actually work towards doing some/most/all of them.

What are you going to do this year?


Watching - Predators for the second time.  Love Adrian Brody but this film left me underwhelmed ... twice.

Listening - Very little, but did have another Lykke Li marathon while I was in the shower last night.

Reading - Catching up on blogs and still reading Zombies V Unicorns, I'm only managing to stay awake to read 3-4 pages then waking up as I drop the book and it whacks me on the nose.

State of Mind - Tired, the kids are waking up early and this morning I lost my cool about it and the screaming they were doing at 5.30am.  Basically I'm spending the rest of the day nurturing myself a little so that I don't flip out and scream at them again 'sigh' this whole parenting thing has some pretty major ups and downs.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails