Friday 18 July 2008

Dr Horribles Sing-Along Blog

My new guilty pleasure is Joss Whedons new project Dr Horribles Sing-Along Blog. Joss is the creator of some of my favourite shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and more recently the ill fated Firefly.

He has a huge giddy fan base who fall in love with Joss's great storyline ideas, casting and scripts, in fact if you ask me (and a lot of other fans) the best part about his shows is the quick and witty banter between the characters.
One of the highlights of all of his previous stuff, was the musical episode of Buffy, called 'Once More with Feeling'. The songs were musically and lyrically so clever that I actually downloaded them and although I haven't listened to them in years, I can still recite a lot of the lyrics.

Dr Horrible is Joss's latest adventure, he has brought it out in the form of 3 free online mini episodes. Without giving any spoilers the goofy star and Dr horrible himself is Neil Patrick Harris from the gone but not forgotten Doogie Howser MD. Nathan Fillion who has appeared is both Buffy and was the lead in Firefly is Dr Horribles nemesis Captain Hammer (aka the corporate tool)

And as the name suggests it is a musical, now don't let that put you off, so far it is well written funny and musically delightful, I can't see how in the last 15 minutes it intends to wrap up everything that it has started and at a very short 45 minutes I'm pretty sure it will leave fans wishing for more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails