Wednesday 9 July 2008

Top 7 TV series I regret getting into

In no particular order

1. Models Inc - this was the first show that I was ever a fan of (come on I was 14) that was cancelled with a cliff hanger, I was devastated.

2. Jericho - another show that was brought out and never satisfactory wrapped up, due to poor ratings

3. Lost - to me this show is just too slow to survive the writers strike. I have promised myself that I will grab it on DVD once its released, but Lost seems to be more work than its worth

4. Surface - yes, it was a crappy B rated show, but I decided to watch it and got caught up. It finished on a major cliff hanger, the whole town covered in water, and blue whale sized sea monsters swimming down the street, but it didn't rate well and so they didn't make a season 2. So we are left with the picture of these sea monsters swimming past church steeples never find out what happens next

5. Californication - I just don't think that this show will go far, I know that there is a season two in the works but I just have a feeling you know?

6. Firefly - even though I chose to get into this show knowing it was cancelled half way through the first season, its the only show on the list that I think is brilliant and I am still annoyed that the networks didn't give this show a chance to kick arse

7. Threshold - I have no real idea about what happened to this show, I read about it but I still don't have a clue. It looks like they filmed more than they aired and that they are planning on making another show using the same story line but with a different name !!!

I'm sure there are others, but my brain can't locate those files at the moment.

A special thanks goes out to Wikipedia for this post, without you I'm sure that i wouldn't have been able to find much, if anything on Models Inc, i know that if i was writing anything substantial I'm would not be allowed to use you as a reference but seeing that I'm only writing a blog, who's going to tell me off :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I might tell you off for using Wikipedia as a source. It seems I spend half my life telling students off for using Wikipedia.

(Seriously? I use Wikipedia all the time. But I don't trust it as far as I can throw it. It's almost all written in passive voice, which drives me nuts.)

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

I actually put the disclaimer in for you :)

Anything the can be modified by anyone and doesn't have to use source information shouldn't be trusted I agree, but like you I use it all the time

Anonymous said...

I thought you did! But, still, I couldn't resist.

The "able to be modified by anyone" angle bothers me. I'm also--obviously, given my training--a stickler for referencing.

But what really gets me is the writing. If you're trying to present facts or trying to persuade--the two purposes of Wikipedia--you really need to use active verbs.

But I've said this before: passive voice, nominalisations, and expletive constructions--there's no need for them, most of the time, and Wikipedia's riddled with them.

Anonymous said...

From the spoilers i've read for seasons 2 of Californication i think we're in for a treat! It sounds awesome. I can't wait.

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

Well I hope so I was actually enjoying david duchovney and his political incorrectness :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails