Sunday 6 July 2008

So Much to do so Little Time

It was beautiful weather last weekend and as we drove across Gladesville bridge to Andrews favorite fishing spot and my favorite chill out in the city spot, Andrew looked at the water and said that he feels a knot in his stomach on beautiful days when drive we past the water and he realises how much he wants to be on a boat, he went on to talk about how he thought it was a shame that we lived on the doorstep of one of the most beautiful harbours in the world and at best once a month we go and look at it, let alone actually getting out on the water.

My response was not at all lady like or even profound  I said "oh my god babe, go and buy a f***ing boat, lifes too short to feel that passionately about something and not go for it."

!! Life IS too short !!

My mum only lived another 16 years from Andrews age. Scary huh,  hopefully one of the things that come out of mum dying young is that it will help teach those that knew her that time should not be wasted being filled with regrets and ill do it one days.

So no we haven't brought a boat yet, and no I don't much want a boat, but part of loving someone is helping them chase their dreams, so we are trying to make Andrews 'one day' be this winter.

When will your one day be?

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Ha! I have pretty much said the same thing to Ally before! He should come fishing down at bermagui over easter :)

and no... we don't have a boat yet.. :P

Buffy Stun-Hers said...

Gosh I dare not mention it, he needs no encouragement to go fishing these days and I fear I will become a fishing widow ... Can you be a widow if your not married :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails