Wednesday 23 July 2008

iPod Evil !

Those who know me will vouch for the fact that I am openly and some may say overly emotional person.  I cry easily, I think I laugh easily as well, I have been known to get angry easily, and I love easily. 

It is for this reason that I can't decide if I love my iPod or if I should consider it my arch nemesis. 

Recently the kids decided to use my car stereo as a piggy bank, it was all fine because they had also inserted the Triple J sticker I have been meaning to stick on my car for 4 years, and it was creating a barrier between all the metal coins and the metal pieces in the stereo.  That was until I, in my infinite wisdom decided to pull the out Triple J sticker with the pair of tweezers I had just liberated from the stereo.  Funnily enough I was listening to Triple J at the time and suddenly pop the whole stereo went quiet and black

Anyway I digress, the point is that my car stereo is no longer working and I have been using my little iPod shuffle more than usual. 

Now the problem (or the plus depending on my mood)  with the iPod shuffle is that it has no screen, you are just sitting there at the mercy of what your iPod has in store for you.

So often my iPod decides to play me a bunch of songs that create a mood or recreate an era of my life. Its the weird part about my iPod it seems to conspire to make me feel, not entirely the best thing in the hands of an emotional being like myself.

Sometimes it will pick the most wonderfully happy joyous songs that make me want to jump up and dance and sing.  I look at my little shuffle and I am so thankful that I don't know what's coming, knowing that I love all of the music I own, enjoying every minute of the ride my iPod has taken me on.

Then other times when I am feeling sad, or when I am driving to Camden the music will become slow and melodic.  All of the songs will remind me of friends lost and times past, they will sing about being alone, or about death of life and love.  I look at my little shuffle and I see the overly emotional me's nemesis, I wonder how it reads my mind and why all of my music are these sad sad sad songs.

In the end, I love the part of me that is emotional, I understand that that might make it interesting to be around me sometimes, and that my boys like there father might have to learn to read me as I learn to control them.  It might be better for all involved if I get my stereo fixed though and save my iPod for times when I am feeling happy, maybe then it will stop reading my mind :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails