Friday 12 September 2008

Daily Beauty Regime

I was talking to a friend the other day about beauty products (yes it has occupied a bit of my brain recently) she asked me how many beauty products I use daily. I said that everyday, i only used 2; face wash and moisturiser.  She said that she used 5 but her sister was using 18.

So I googled it and apparently, according to a dodgy website the average person uses 9 products everyday. Another forum had asked the same question and it looked on there like most of them used about 10 so maybe the dodgy website had it right.

I started to think about it further, how many products do I put on my body?

Daily (mostly)
+ Face wash (I now use two because the jurlique woman said I should wash my face twice a day using different products for day and night but they are samples and I don't know if I'm going to continue with them both)
+ Moisturiser
+ Toothpaste
+ Lipgloss (winter is hell on my lips and this is used in a medical way to help them heal)

Weekly (give or take)
+ Shampoo and conditioner
+ Deodorant (when did I get so feral)
+ Eyeliner

Fortnightly (or longer)
+ Almond oil (as a body moisturiser)
+ Nail polish
+ Soap (to shave my legs or use with exfoliating glove)

I think that's it .....

It didn't look like people were thinking of toothpaste or soap so unless everyone is as smelly as me I'm thinking they were just so used to using them that they didn't think of them as beauty products anymore.

So now I'm wondering how many products do you use?
I know my Dad stopped using hair products and toothpaste a while back, his body reset its needs for cleaning etc and now his teeth and hair have never been better or cleaner.

How much would we all save of we just let it all reset? And what would the beauty industry do if we all cottoned on.

Interestingly I have cottoned on and I totally believe that there is for need for soaps, shampoos and toothpaste, and there is definitely no need for eyeliner and nail polish (no matter how pretty my toenails look in their hot pink and sparkles) without to much pushing I could get rid of the almond oil deodorant and soap (except I like my legs without hair so I would need another shaving lubricant)

So why do I keep buying them? Damn you social conditioning !!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails